- mspoweruser.com Microsoft reveals Edge Copilot requires 'pre-processing' for video transcription - MSPoweruser
Microsoft’s Edge Copilot recently gained the ability to summarize YouTube videos, even if they lack timestamps. However, a recent tweet by Microsoft’s Mikhail Parakhin clarifies that the transcribing functionality relies on pre-processed video data or subtitles embedded within the video. If a video
Microsoft’s Copilot is getting OpenAI’s latest models and a new code interpreter - The Vergewww.theverge.com Microsoft’s Copilot is getting OpenAI’s latest models and a new code interpreter
Microsoft gears up for more AI features inside Copilot.152
- www.bleepingcomputer.com Over 20,000 vulnerable Microsoft Exchange servers exposed to attacks
Tens of thousands of Microsoft Exchange email servers in Europe, the U.S., and Asia exposed on the public internet are vulnerable to remote code execution flaws.113
- www.theverge.com Windows 11 tests energy saver mode for both laptops and desktop PCs
There’s a tradeoff in performance, though.10
- www.androidauthority.com Microsoft Phone Link may soon let you use your Android phone as a webcam
Microsoft's Link to Windows app could soon gain functionality that lets you use your Android phone as a webcam. Read on to learn more!
- www.bleepingcomputer.com Microsoft now rolling out Copilot to Windows 10 devices
Microsoft is now rolling out the Copilot AI assistant to eligible non-managed systems enrolled in the Windows Insider program and running Windows 10 22H2 Home and Pro editions.
- www.bleepingcomputer.com Microsoft fixes ‘Something Went Wrong’ Office sign-in errors
Microsoft is rolling out fixes for known Microsoft 365 issues causing 'Something Went Wrong ' sign-in errors and rendering desktop applications unusable for many customers.
- www.bleepingcomputer.com Windows 10 to let admins control how optional updates are deployed
Microsoft announced a new policy that allows admins to control how optional updates are deployed on Windows 10 enterprise endpoints on their networks.
- www.sammobile.com Microsoft brings background removal and more to Windows Photos app
Microsoft is making the Windows Photos app more capable with some new features, including the option to remove backgrounds from pictures with a single click. Available for Windows Insiders users at this time, version 2023.11110.8002.0 of Windows' Photos app also improves some elements of the existin
- www.androidcentral.com Microsoft's 'Windows App' lets you stream Windows from everything but Android and Chromebooks
Microsoft giveth, Microsoft taketh away.43
Microsoft Teams’ latest AI trick cleans and decorates your messy webcam background - The Vergewww.theverge.com Microsoft Teams’ latest AI trick cleans and decorates your messy webcam background
There’s also a new voice isolation feature that sounds great for coffee shops.100
- www.theverge.com Microsoft’s planning tools will soon be less confusing
Meaning a bunch of existing stuff will soon just be called “Planner.”
- arstechnica.com Holy chips! Microsoft’s new AI silicon will power its chatty assistants
Amid GPU shortages, Microsoft reaches for custom silicon to run its AI language models.
Microsoft investigating Windows activation issues after closing a key loophole - The Vergewww.theverge.com Microsoft investigating Windows activation issues after closing a key loophole
You might not be able to reactivate your Windows install after a hardware change.
- www.bleepingcomputer.com Windows 11 will soon let you uninstall more inbox apps
Microsoft is gearing up to roll out an update for Windows 11 that will significantly enhance user control over built-in apps. In the upcoming version, you will be able to uninstall a wider range of inbox apps.101
Microsoft won't let you close OneDrive in Windows without you explaining it first - Neowinwww.neowin.net Microsoft won't let you close OneDrive in Windows without you explaining it first
Do you remember Microsoft Edge asking you to answer a poll before downloading Chrome? A similar thing is now plaguing OneDrive users: It won't let you quit the app without telling Microsoft why first.121
- blogs.microsoft.com Microsoft announces new steps to help protect elections - Microsoft On the Issues
The next year may bring unprecedented challenges for the protection of elections. That’s why today we are announcing five new steps to protect electoral processes in the United States and other countries where critical elections will take place.
- arstechnica.com Xbox moderation team turns to AI for help filtering a flood of user content
Automated language/vision models help evaluate player reports, Gamerpic uploads, and more.50
- www.bleepingcomputer.com Fake Ledger Live app in Microsoft Store steals $768,000 in crypto
Microsoft has recently removed from its store a fraudulent Ledger Live app for cryptocurrency management after multiple users lost at least $768,000 worth of cryptocurrency assets.
Microsoft is overhauling its software security after major Azure cloud attacks - The Vergewww.theverge.com Microsoft is overhauling its software security after major Azure cloud attacks
This is the biggest change to Microsoft’s security efforts in nearly 20 years.
- • 85%
OneNote on Windows now has improved pen and ink gestures for drawing and writing - The Vergewww.theverge.com OneNote on Windows now has improved pen and ink gestures for drawing and writing
Vertical tabs and Copilot are also rolling out to OneNote.
Microsoft’s new AI-powered Office assistant is here — if you’ve got $9,000 and 300 friends - The Vergewww.theverge.com Microsoft’s new AI-powered Office assistant is here — if you’ve got $9,000 and 300 friends
Microsoft is only launching its AI-powered Office assistant to some businesses.
- www.bleepingcomputer.com Windows 11 23H2 - New features in the Windows 11 2023 Update
Microsoft released the new Windows 11 23H2 feature update today, and it comes with a ton of new features that may make Windows 10 holdouts willing to upgrade.
- www.theverge.com Microsoft starts blocking “unauthorized” Xbox controllers and accessories
Microsoft is blocking some third-party Xbox controllers.133
- www.bleepingcomputer.com Windows 11 adds support for 11 file archives, including 7-Zip and RAR
Microsoft says Windows 11 22H2 now natively supports almost a dozen additional archive formats, including RAR, 7-Zip, Tar, and GZ archives.230
- www.theverge.com Every trick Microsoft pulled to make you browse Edge instead of Chrome
Microsoft doesn’t respect your choices.208
- www.bleepingcomputer.com Microsoft 365 users get workaround for ‘Something Went Wrong’ errors
Microsoft shared a workaround for a known Microsoft 365 issue triggering 'Something Went Wrong ' sign-in errors and making desktop applications unusable for many customers.81
- www.theverge.com Windows 11 now lets you write anywhere you can type
Microsoft’s latest update is designed for Surface and Windows tablets.
- www.bleepingcomputer.com StripedFly malware framework infects 1 million Windows, Linux hosts
A sophisticated cross-platform malware platform named StripedFly flew under the radar of cybersecurity researchers for five years, infecting over a million Windows and Linux systems during that time.120
- www.xda-developers.com Microsoft rolls out Windows 11 version 23H2 features to more people
Microsoft has started rolling out Windows 11 version 23H2 features via an optional update. Users can also manually download and install the update.
Microsoft reorgs its Xbox and marketing teams to prepare for an AI and gaming future - The Vergewww.theverge.com Microsoft reorgs its Xbox and marketing teams to prepare for an AI and gaming future
A big shake-up ready for Activision Blizzard and the future of AI.
- www.theverge.com Xbox and cloud help boost Microsoft’s Q1 2024 earnings
The PC market is still impacting Surface revenues.